Like us on facebook

Like us on facebook
Like us on facebook

Monday, October 21, 2013

On my frantic campus life

I like to stay busy. I get bored pretty easily, so I try to keep active by doing a number of different activities during the day. And here at UAFS it is something pretty easy to achieve.

On Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, my busiest days, I wake up around 7, since I have class at 8. I take my shower, I check my social networks and e-mail (there is a seven hours difference with Spain, and I don't want to miss what my friends have been up to while I was sound asleep!) while I have breakfast, and off I go. Living on campus is really convenient, because I am a two-minute walk away from my classes :)


Then I usually go for another coffee, because I must confess I am a caffeine addict! Sometimes I stay at the Campus Center, sometimes I go to the library, and sometimes I go back to the apartment to prepare for my next class. I can either prepare a Power Point for my 12 o'clock Spanish course, where I am a teaching assistant, or read the assigned chapters of my Literature class at 1, where I go back to being a student.



After that I go grub a lite lunch (yes, lunch at 2 pm, remember I am from Spain!) and go to the international Relations Office. My job there consists on preparing presentations about Spain for different local institutions (high schools, elementary schools...), different international events or other Spanish courses at UAFS; writing for this blog; meeting with my students if they have questions or assignments I can help with; and my favorite part: planning the Spanish Language Table!

The Spanish Language Table takes place on Fridays at 2 pm, in Vines 227. We discuss different topics related to the Spanish pop-culture and traditions. It is really interesting to realize how different some aspects of our culture are, even when American TV and cinema are so spread in my country and make American culture look really familiar to us.

Typically, I go to the gym around 4:30. Well... ok, not typically, I just started going a week ago. But I intend to keep on with it! Afterwards, I take my shower and go for dinner.


Often, the university has some event such as a concert, a movie night, a festival, a game or a play. I try to go to as many activities as my schedule allows me. In this post you can read about some of these events.

I usually do my homework at night, because it is the time I can concentrate the most. I don't have just UAFS homework, but also my master's thesis from the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona in Spain. It is great to have the opportunity of writing it here, since it is about the translation of American TV shows. Finally, I go to bed around 11 pm. 

And that's how my days usually end: writing about my favorite TV shows after a day of hundreds of different activities. How cool is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment