Like us on facebook

Like us on facebook
Like us on facebook

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Culture Shock


I think many people already experienced few culture shocks in here. I experienced many culture shocks since I arrived in USA. Though, my most shocking thing was about "Gay."

One night I was talking with my roommates. Well, whenever girls get together and start talking it gets to "Girls Talk." They started to ask me about who I think sweet so far.
My roommates were so excited and I just had to talk about it. I said two names. Then, my roommates made serious faces. I was confused because they were just excited before I said those names. Quiet time passed. One of my roommates said. "Oh, honey. You didn't know. He's gay." I was so surprised that I couldn't react for few minutes. Actually, one was gay but other one was straight. Although, I was just surprised that I kind of "like liked" gay. I knew few stories about like this in Japan and I never thought I am going to experience this situation.

However, he is now a really good friend of me and I love him so much! I think I am going to experience more culture shock and I am kind of excited about it because I can learn new things:)

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Well I'm glad that you and him are good friends. Did was this surprising to you because there aren't many openly gay people in Japan? How is this situation different than what you would experience there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, very new experience!!! :)

    ReplyDelete