Like us on facebook

Like us on facebook
Like us on facebook

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Another Graphic Design day

Today is October, 23, and my day started at 12:00 with some kind of feeling: angry, annoyed, tired and pleased. It's so confused, isn't it? I will give you some clues.

  • 12:30 yesterday, came to 3D class in Ballman Spear, took the midterm exam. 
Imaging if you had to learn more 50 terms in art, 50 artists and their artworks to take the exam, how would you feel? Yesterday was my worst day because I stayed up really late, around 4 am, to study it. The exam was not bad, I just missed some questions. Felt a little pleased when I have it done. Then the instructor said:
       - You can make up your midterm! then :)
Wait, really, oh my god, nah, haizz. She is really annoying, isn't she. If i had known it in advance, I would not have stayed up late for studying.  
       My day was not end here, I came to subway, bought a one-foot-long Italian bread, ready for another crazy project that was given on Mon and dues on Wed. 
  • Around 6 pm, came to Baldor, room 206, did the "Letter to Logo" project.

This project is to make 20 logos from two letters. That is not funny at all when you think about the due day. Here is the process of thoughts while I was doing it. 
  • Made 10 logos, then looked at the time, it was almost 10 pm. "I need 10 more; I still have time" (talk to myself). 
  • Made the 13rd logo, then looked the time, omg 12am, stared thinking offensively about it.
  • Finished the15th logo, tired, run out of idea, no care, and "làm đại." I am sorry for using Vietnamese word, but there is no word that can describes as good as this one. It means doing something cursively without worrying about the result.
  • Finished the19th logo, looked at the time, around 2 am, talked to myself, "just need one more, Phuc, let finish it."
  • Finished the 20th logo. So pleased!!!!! don't care about the time, looked at these logos again and again.
  • Around 3 am, left the room.
This is a normal day of a Graphic design student. Really, It is not a funny story, but pleasure will come at the end. I do appreciated these moment of time The more time you spent on your artwork, the better. It does not like the time you was in high school, when you have to study the subjects that you don't like. In college, you do it voluntarily. you choose the major because you love it, and you have the advantages; more importantly, you have a passion in it. Let these love, advantages and passion lead the way of your future.   

2 comments:

  1. "Let these love, advantages and passion lead the way of your future." I love that sentence! You are right. Sometimes it is annoying to have to stay up late and feeling you are always working/studying, but at the end it's all for the best: to reach your dreams! So, as Jack told you, hang in there! It is worth the effort :)

    ReplyDelete