Like us on facebook

Like us on facebook
Like us on facebook

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

A Day of a Graphic Design Major


Since there are 12 months in a year, 4 weeks in a month, 7 days in a week and only 24 hours in a day, I wouldn't want everyday to be the same... As ordinary and boring as the title of my first blog *hurray* is, but trust me, it is anything BUT those two words. Although I do have to deal with the fact that I'm bound by my class schedule, I try as hard as possible to make the best out of every single day. To be honest, I’m not the type of person who writes about his life and put everything in the little book that everyone likes to call “Diary”. However, on this special occasion, I will break the rule and show you guys an example of my day, pictures included, YIPPEE!!!!

Ok! We will start with the embarrassing things first: Back when I was in Vietnam, I usually wake up around 6 am every morning to get ready for school. But ever since I got here, that time got quite “flexible”. There were days that I actually slept the whole morning because I didn’t have any morning classes on those days, but it’s always 8 am on Tuesdays :P

                                     After that, I went down the Cafeteria to get breakfast! :D



From 11 am to 12.15 pm is my first class – Sociology. This class is mostly about society in general, how it’s changing and we get to look into examples of modern people.

From 12.30 pm to 3.20 pm, I had 2D Design (yes, it’s a 3 hours long class!!) with Prof. Steiner. This is one of my favorite classes for many reasons. First, I’m a Graphic Design Major, it’s obvious that I love my art classes! Second, my professor’s a really nice guy, very encouraging and passionate. And finally, my classmates are awesome and crazily talented!
  



After 2D Design, I have about 2 hours to relax until the last class of the day. Usually, Frisbee with the guys in the Green – the big area in front of the Bell Tower - is what I’ll do. 

Then I get a to go set in the Lion’s Den Cafeteria at 5 pm. And yes, to go sets are my best friends :P


My last class on Tuesday starts from 5.30 to 8.15 pm. It’s my 3D Design class with professor Greer Farris. It’s a small class with just 7 people, but to me, it’s just as fun. In this class, we get to make sculptures out any materials that we have and can collect, like cardboard, wood, plaster etc. We also have fieldtrips to places inside and outside of Fort Smith along with other fun stuff, this is like the coolest class ever!!




@Van Buren Dam
 @Crystal Bridges Museum of America

After a long long day like that, to be able to go home and take a relaxing shower is the best thing that you can imagine. Then I took my clothes to the laundry room, where there’s a “party” every night, to wash off all those plaster from 3D xD

The thing that I probably like to do the most in my leisure time, is to get together with my friends, play music and jam out, do covers that we like and basically relax, stress out and truly enjoy my college life J


And then I realized that it’s already 12.30 am and I was gonna have a class at 8 am tomorrow morning.
Good night guys!!! Thanks for bearing with me for the whole day!!! ^^

2 comments: