Like us on facebook

Like us on facebook
Like us on facebook

Friday, January 31, 2014

Lunar New Year 2014

By reading the title, you probably know what I am about to share in the blog. Yes, it's Lunar New Year!!! And this year is the year of horse.



This New Year is very popular around Asian countries such as: Mainland ChinaHongKong, MacauTaiwanSingapore, ThailandIndonesiaMalaysiaMauritius, Philippines, Vietnam and also in Chinatowns elsewhere. For every year, there is always an animal from Chinese Zodiac represents that year, for example: this year is a horse.

Lunar New Year is a very important holiday to most of the countries, mainly because it's the family time. Everyone starts going back to their family, no matter how far they are. In most of the countries, the first three days are very important. I will use my family as an example. On the first day, we usually go visit my grandparents house and eat A LOT OF FOOD. On the second day, we go to visit my relatives and eat A LOT OF FOOD. The last day, we usually go to my dad's friends/co-workers and of course, eat A LOT OF FOOD. By now, I guess you already know what the second priority is under family, It's FOOD (LOL). Here are some of the pictures of Lunar New Year food in Vietnam: 
Boiled chicken is one of the most popular dish
After chopping...this is a beautiful chopped chicken
Traditional rice cake
Vietnamese sausage
Beef boiled in fish sauce and pig ears
Those are only some of the traditional food. Every family has their own traditional family food. I will show some of the decorating pictures on the New Year around the East Asian countries below. I wish you all will have a New Year full of success, luck and always healthy.
Singapore

Malaysia

China

Vietnam
 

         

No comments:

Post a Comment