Like us on facebook

Like us on facebook
Like us on facebook

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Final Farewell

The Last Day Wearing This Name Tag

I have so much to say.. I don't know where to start. This job has had such an impact on my life, and I will forever be grateful. I began working here in June of 2012 (only 2 days after I graduated high school). At only 17! Here I am 19 and already a junior in college. *feeling old!* I just wanted everyone to know that I am leaving on good terms. There's not any office drama, I have just decided that it is time to move on to another chapter in my life. Any chance I have though, I will be more than happy to attend the events and catch up with all of the students and staff here from the office!

Remember that one time...

So I wanted to just write a few of the best/most memorable moments during my time here. 

Of course, the first story that came to mind was when curry got spilled all in the floor board of my car.. 


During IFest 2013 I went to pick up the curry generously donated by one of the local restaurants, but on my way back to the festival it plummeted into my floor board. I panicked and called Brock, (Of course sobbing like a little girl because I thought I had ruined the day) who told me to just go back to the restaurant and explain what happened. The people there felt so bad for me that they ended up just delivering the next batch themselves. So thank you to them for that! Looking back now, it is definitely a riot, but I was a wreck that day. haha

One of my other favorite memories while working here is the time we threw the bestestest welcome party ever for the new international students at Central Christian Church. 
I had so much fun that day! Getting to play games, mingle, give away prizes, and .. tons of food! ;) So many people came and helped to make this a wonderful time. 

My last memory that I will share before I go, is the time I taught the international students how to pumpkin carve. 

Because of my deep love for Halloween, Takeo decided that it would be a fun activity to get the students to pumpkin carve. I was the lucky one that got to teach them! Poor Jack and Sam had to transport all of the 10-20 pumpkins to the area where we were doing it. The looks on the students' faces when they saw what was actually in those giant orange balls was priceless! The majority of them were under the impression that it was just hollow inside! 

Anyway, I think I better wrap this up. But thank you to everyone that I have had the pleasure of meeting while working here. This office will always hold a special place in my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment