Like us on facebook

Like us on facebook
Like us on facebook

Friday, December 6, 2013

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas!


It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas..


      It’s that time of year; the frantic yet magical time of year that we call Christmastime. J Even our office is joining in on the holiday spirit this year. We incorporated many of the holiday symbols to decorate our office. We created a Christmas tree out of paper, and used sparkly garland and paper lights to decorate it. We also had our international students come in and write their name and hometown on a paper ornament and hang it on our tree. We also cut out the paper snowflakes to post on the walls.




     In elementary schools across the states students are making holiday themed crafts left and right. I remember always making those turkey hand cut outs about this time to bring home to my parents for Thanksgiving. (and if you didn’t know.. I’m referring to when you trace your hand and make it into a turkey. The thumb is the head and the other fingers are colored as feathers). I also remember always making these paper snowflakes, and getting to use glue and glitter to decorate the classroom. For me, these were some of the best days in school, getting to bond with everyone by creating crafts!





     I found it to be so interesting that none of our international students or staff had the pleasure of making these things when they were in elementary school! When I have discussions with the students about what it was like going to school in their home countries, I start to see a definite pattern of how the American school systems compare. I’m sooo happy that I was taught in American school systems though. I feel that my creativity was more acceptable to flourish in our systems of making learning fun for everyone. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment