Like us on facebook

Like us on facebook
Like us on facebook

Monday, November 11, 2013

A different kind of Fall

All my life I have only known of 2 major seasons in a year. Well it is not hard to tell why because my home is in Rwanda. Located at the central east of Africa, a few degrees south of the equator. The 2 seasons are wet and dry. Quite self-explanatory from their names, with temperature ranging between 50-80°F year round. 
 
Then I came to school in Fort Smith -Arkansas. This state comes close enough to Rwanda in scenery but the "Aha!" moment is a different kind of fall. As I share this with you all, we are in the fall season in Fort Smith. Leaves are changing from green to beautiful bright colors before they fall off the tree, and the temperatures slowly dropping.


Coincidentally, temperatures are slowly getting cooler in Rwanda but the leaves are doing something else. At this time of the year, vegetation grows thicker and greener due to increased precipitation and trees do not lose their leaves. In comparison to the above Fort Smith nature, here's "fall" in Kigali-Rwanda
Clearly, home and away, nature is always a sight to see. Let's pull out the boots and scarfs and embrace fall...of course I know i'll need more than just a scarf, are you kidding me?!

2 comments:

  1. Those are such pretty pictures! How close is your hometown to Kigali?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you:) I live in Kigali, the capital city of Rwanda

      Delete