Like us on facebook

Like us on facebook
Like us on facebook

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

My Southern Road Trip

My Southern Road Trip


 If you like food and music, you definitely better take a Southern Road trip! During this Spring break, I explored the South and found many things, a few travelers knows, to do, see and eat. And I got to love the South more and more. I will show you my favorite things, especially food..
my trip itinerary was...

                Memphis → Nashville → Little Rock → Hot Spring → Dallas → Home

˂Memphis˃ the home of the blues

Beale Street: This is one of the busiest street in the South! That was filled with a bunch of people and music even late at night. I enjoyed it, although we only walked and looked around there.

Lorraine Motel: We could also see a motel, where Martin Luther king Jr was assassinated, just off Beale Street.
Sekisui: We went to a Japanese restaurant in Memphis. Cooks and some staffs at that restaurant are Japanese and they have various menu items. My American friend did not like Tofu and she was scared of a fried Tofu. But once she ate the fried Tofu, she came to love Tofu because the taste was different from Tofu that we usually get at grocery stores. I was happy that she knew the authentic taste of Japan, my country, and could get to love it!
BBQ: We ate Memphis-style BBQ! It was the hugest Rib I’ve gotten in my entire life! It was more than 14 inch (35cm). It looked like dinosaur meat or something like that..

˂Nashville˃ the home of the country music and capital of Tennessee.

Garden: They have some beautiful gardens and we went to Opryland Hotel Garden. We had a great time with the nice garden and cute shops.
Loveless Coffee: I heard it is famous for biscuits and fried chicken and we waited for any available tables around 50 minutes but it worth the patience! These in pictures are famous people who have visited there.


˂Little Rock˃ Capital of Arkansas

Genghis Grills: we ate Mongolian foods it was great but interesting.

˂Hot Spring˃ A Tourist city, literally famous for bathes

A Friend’s House: Her house was elaborated designed and decorated with many cute stuff, like flowers, statues and deer that her brother hunted. . Unfortunately, I don’t have any picture because I lost my phone, it was awesome!  I stayed three nights at her house and I spent a fun time with her big family.
Hot Spring National Park: We enjoyed the blue-green algae is only found in 5 other places on earth. I don’t anything about it though, it was a pretty park.

˂Dallas˃ A major city in Texas

King Spa & Water Park: We went to a spa, take big bathes and pools. There are various saunas, including Pyramid Room, Salt Room, Charcoal Room and etc. Actually the place was not for young people, I guess. We were surround with old couples but we could relax and get rid of our tiredness of the trip!

Thanks to this trip, I realize I still have many things that I don’t know about the South and want to know about it more and more. The South is not famous place in US for travelers very much, compared to New York, LosAngeles and other popular places. But I found that exploring places nobody knows and knowing about history of each places are a lot of fun. I’m glad that I knew The South is attractive place and I should know about it more! I want to tell these stories and these places to many people who are not even interested in the South after back to my country!

No comments:

Post a Comment