Like us on facebook

Like us on facebook
Like us on facebook

Thursday, January 8, 2015

My winter vacation

My winter vacation

My winter vacation was great thanks to my friend, Haruka. I went to traveled in Montreal, Quebec City, and New York City. Haruka is now studying abroad in Vancouver in Canada. Also, we have known each other since we entered our university in Japan and we belong to the same volunteer group. So, she always gives me a stimulus. Anyway, I’ve been very looking forward to seeing her. My trip was awesome. I will show some pictures with a short description.

 
The first picture is what I took in Notre-Dame Basilica. It is a famous for sightseeing place to go. In 1994, Céline Dion held a wedding ceremony here. The stained glass windows are also very beautiful, the sun shining. If you have a chance to go to Montreal, I want to recommend you to visit there.

 When we went to Quebec City from Montreal, we took a train. I was very excited because it has been a long time since I took it last in Japan. The most interesting thing in Montreal and Quebec city was that people speak French as a first language. So most of billboards were written in French and I couldn’t understand what they said. I thought as if I was in Europe because it is the first time to experience like that. In Quebec city, it was more like Europe because it is a small city and many shops stand side by side. The scenery from the hell was very beautiful.

In Quebec city, we can enjoy “Quebec” dish. As examples of it, there are meat pie or meatball. Actually, I ate meat pie and maple pie as a dessert. The lunch in the Quebec restaurant was one of my best memories in this trip.

 
 
 
 
 
 
After five days since we met again, I flied to a busy city, New York. It was the second time to go there for me, so I used to take subway better than the last time. We went to a lot of places anyway in New York. In MOMA (Museum of Modern Art), I could see famous arts and enjoy knowing the background of production. And also, we watched a Broadway musical “PIPIN”. The show was definitely amazing. I liked the songs too.
 

On Christmas day, you know, most of shops are close. we went to St. Patrick's Cathedral for a mass in the morning. And then, we took pictures in front of Rockefeller Center. If I say about my regret during this trip, we forgot about taking pictures of the tree in front of Rockefeller Center at night... But instead of that, we could see the night view in Brooklyn Bridge. It was so amazing!! I loved that.

In this trip, I compared the taste of croissant. So I will put the picture.


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The trip with her was very precious for me. It was lucky for me to see my closest friend in the places where we study abroad. The time with her became my energy for the rest of the day on my studying abroad. I really thank to my friend and my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment