Like us on facebook

Like us on facebook
Like us on facebook

Friday, March 7, 2014

St. Patrick's Day!!

Have you seen green decorations, probably with shamrocks, this year yet?

Yes, St. Patrick's Day is coming. It is March 17th!


What is St. Patrick's Day?
It is a day to remember one of Ireland's saints, St. Patrick.
I wish I was familiar with the origin and history of this day and I could talk about it. But I'm not.
So if you are interested in history stuff, ask your friend who knows about it well or simply look it up online.
I'm sorry!

So what people do on the day?
What I got from last year is that on St. Patrick's Day or around the day, people put shamrock and green decorations, dress in green clothing,  maybe see parade, eat green food (green cupcakes, green cookies, etc), party, and drink!! People (of course, who are over 21) drink beer and a lot of alcoholic drink on the day.
I might be wrong, but that's what I got.
Parade in New York

Green beer!

Chicago dyed river green!!
And you know what? If someone doesn't wear green, you get to pinch the person!
Be sure to wear green!


Hope you will enjoy St. Patrick's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment